Monday, September 1, 2008

Korean Beef


My niece Michelle sent me this recipe. At first I used 1/4 cup brown sugar and when I tasted it the soy sauce was strong. My husband doesn't care for soy sauce so I added another 1/4 cup brown sugar and it was perfect. I also added regular onion to the meat, because I like it. I used regular rice because that's what I had. Thanks Michelle, we enjoyed this one!!!!

1 lb lean hamburger
1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ginger
Salt and pepper
Crushed red peppers
1 bunch chopped green onions

Cook hamburger with garlic and oil. Add seasonings. Simmer a few minutes to blend flavors. Serve over sticky rice and top with green onions.

2 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

mmm, so glad you enjoyed it! and i do that too, i just keep adding until i like the flavor!

Tins and Treasures said...

This sounds good...something I'm going to mark and try for dinner soon!