Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fried Zucchini and Onions

Zucchini, cut in slices
Onion, cut in slices
Flour
Cornmeal
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Garlic powder

Slice zucchini and onions and place in bowl. Put equal amounts of flour and cornmeal in zucchini mixtue. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Put lid on bowl and shake. Let sit for 30 minutes, shaking at least twice. Fry until your desired doneness.

I was talking to a friend and she told me this recipe. She mentioned it would be good to include green tomatoes. I love fried green tomatoes so for lunch I mixed up onions and green tomatoes. I used whole wheat flour with the cornmeal and used garlic pepper in place of pepper and garlic powder. I LOVE IT!! The whole wheat flour gives it a nutty flavor and the cornmeal brings in a crunchy texture. I now want to try it with zucchini.

No comments: