Monday, August 25, 2008

Garden Pea Salad


We recently had a family reunion and ate several potato and macaroni salads so when I was assigned to bring a salad to the cabin I remembered this one that I got from Paula Deen. I used frozen peas because that's what I had in the house.

1 (15 oz) can very young early peas (recommended Lesueur)
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 boiled eggs, crumbled
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Chopped pimento, optional

In a colander, drain peas very well. Place drained peas in a medium bowl. Add the onions, crumbled eggs and mayonnaise, tossing to combine and coat peas. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add pimento, if using. Makes 4 servings.

1 comment:

Tins and Treasures said...

I love Paula Deen...and this recipe sounds so good. Thanks for sharing.