Monday, July 14, 2008

Walt Disney's Oatmeal Cookies


I tasted a Millionaire Cookie and loved it. I searched the internet for a recipe and decided that I could take an oatmeal cookie recipe and put in it what I liked. What I like is a combination of chopped nuts, Skor candy bar and coconut. I baked some for me and than added raisins for my husband. I then noticed that adding chocolate chips, raisins or craisins make for a prettier presentation of the cookie.

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/3 cups butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups uncooked oats (not instant)
1 1/4 cups raisins

In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside. Cream butter in very large bowl. Beat in granulated and brown sugars. Bea in eggs, 1 at a time. Add water and vanilla and mix until well blended, about 4 minutes. Mix oats, raisins and flour mixture into sugar mixture and stir until thoroughly blended. Drop by large tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F 9 to 14 minutes, or until light-brown in color. Cool on baking sheet before removing from pan. Makes 4 dozen.

No comments: