Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Zucchini Squash and Onions with Brown Sugar

I love zucchini and my husband doesn't. We planted one buttercup squash plant and one zucchini plant. The buttercup squash plant died. So my husband isn't excited that the zucchini is doing so well. I've learned that if I add brown sugar to a food he doesn't like, he will eat it. So I searched the internet and found this recipe. My husband tried it and said it was good.

1 large zucchini
2 small onions
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar

In a large frying pan melt the butter. Add the chopped onions and cook until clear. Add the chopped zucchini, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes on medium heat. After 20 minutes, take off the lid and let cook another 8 minutes to let the liquid reduce.

1 comment:

hcg diet said...

I am on hcg, does this recipe has low calories?