Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Foolproof" Whole Wheat Bread


My sister-in-law made arrangements for her mother to give me a bread making lesson using a Bosch. It was a fun afternoon. While I was making bread, my sister-in-law was making bread and cinnamon rolls. It was fun!!! I learned a lot from both of them!

Combine 6 cups hot tap water and 8 cups freshly ground whole wheat flour in Bosch and mix on low speed. Add 2 tablespoons salt, 2/3 cup oil and 2/3 cup honey. Continue to mix until well blended. Add 1 cup flour to mixture. Add 2 1/2 tablespoons Saf yeast to mixture and blend thoroughly. Add 5 to 6 more cups flour to the mixture until it cleans bowl. Let knead for 8 minutes on low speed. Place dough in greased pans at 1/2 full. Place grocery bag loosely around pans. Let rise till double in bulk. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn out of pan immediately.

No comments: