Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mincemeat Quick Bread

I spent Thanksgiving with my youngest brother, his family and his in-laws. I had quite a chat with his mother-in-law about rolls, bread and Bosch bread machines. I went the day after Thanksgiving shopping with my sister-in-law, just intending to tag along. She stopped at Emergency Essentials and the line went around the store twice. Well, they had a sale on two different Bosch machines. I was in the front of the store, the machines were in the back. I was tempted and thought if there is one still available when I get to the back of the store I'll buy one. The one with the attachments were gone. When we got the spot were they were, they brought out a combination of a Bosch bread machine and a Vita Mill. Yeah, I bought one! So my sister-in-law is checking with her Mom to see if she will give me a bread demonstration using my mill and bread machine. I did play with the machine and made this bread. My husband loves gumdrops in bread so I added some.

1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 tablespoons orange juice, apple juice or pineapple juice
2 cups mincemeat
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Mix together egg, oil, orange peel, juice and mincemeat, blending well. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add gradually to the egg mixture. Mix just until moist. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour. Remove the loaf from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Makes 1 loaf.



No comments: